Table of Contents
- Table of Best Hidden Camera Detectors
- Hidden Camera Detectors Reviews
- 1. Sleauthgear Law-Grade Counter Surveillance PRO – Editor’s Pick
- 2. Spy-MAX Security Products Professional Digital RF Detector – Most Advanced Hidden Camera Detector
- 3. Dooreemee Super Anti-Spy Camera Detector – Budget Pick
- 4. Spy-Hawk Security Products Pro-10G – User-Friendly Law-Grade Secret Camera Detector
- 5. KJB DD2020 – Best RF Bug Detector
- 6. Spytec iProtect 12031 – High-Frequency Portable Bug Detector
- 7. Micro Alert 2 – Micro-Sized Basic Bug Detector
- 8. KJB DD1206 Professional Detector Hunter Sweeper
- 9. JMDHKK Anti Spy for Hidden Camera
- 10. Spy Finder – Best Hidden Camera Detector
We’re living in the age of nanotechnology. Hidden spy cameras these days are so small that they can be planted anywhere by anyone. They can be installed in the door peephole, in a seemingly innocent pen, and even in the bathrooms!
Are you sure that no one is spying on you? Can you be certain?
The answer is, you can’t! Not unless you have a hidden camera detector in your possession.
And that’s what brings us to this article. In this day and age, it’s crucial that you should purchase a bug detector so you can make sure your home is not being spied on.
There are a number of different methods of finding hidden cameras. You can inspect all the lights and sockets in your house, look for hidden wires, etc. However, all of that requires backbreaking work and you can still never be sure.
The only way to be certain is to install a spy camera detector.
In this article, we’ll give you an overview of the 10 best hidden camera detectors in the market. We have personally examined all of these bug detectors, did lots of research and compared their features to offer you the best selection.
Table of Best Hidden Camera Detectors
|Name||Check Reviews||Frequency||Rating||View on Amazon|
|Sleauthgear Law-Grade Counter Surveillance PRO||Read Review||10MHz to 10GHz||4.1/5|
|Spy-MAX Security Products Professional Digital RF Detector||Read Review||40MHz to 4GHz||4.0/5|
|Dooreemee Super Anti-spy Camera Detector||Read Review||1MHz to 8GHz||4.0/5|
|Spy-Hawk Security Products Pro-10G||Read Review||10MHz to 10GHz||3.3/5|
|KJB DD2020 Personal RF Detector||Read Review||1MHz to 6GHz||3.7/5|
|Spytec iProtect 12031 High Frequency Portable Bug Detector||Read Review||30MHz to 6GHz||4.0/5|
|Micro Alert 2||Read Review||—||4.7/5|
|KJB DD1206 Professional Detector Hunter Sweeper||Read Review||40MHz to 4GHz||5.0/5|
|JMDHKK Anti Spy for Hidden Camera||Read Review||1MHz to 8GHz||3.9/5|
|Spy Finder||Read Review||—||3.1/5|
Hidden Camera Detectors Reviews
1. Sleauthgear Law-Grade Counter Surveillance PRO – Editor’s Pick
The Sleauthgear Law-Grade Counter Surveillance PRO Sweep is the Editor’s Pick for the best hidden camera detector because it’s hands-down the best in the industry. It’s a handheld bug detector you can use to sweep your entire house and find any surveillance device that might have been planted there.
It has all the bug detector features you could possibly ask for, has the highest range of frequencies known to spy camera detectors, AND it can be handled by a 2 year old! Literally!
All you have to do is press the button and start sweeping the premises. A red light will flash away from you, that’s completely normal. You have to look through the View Finder Circle. If you notice a red light flashing back at you, that just means you’ve found a hidden bug!
I can’t recommend this product highly enough. I once swept a hotel room with it and found TWO hidden bugs! The management got an earful from me.
Keep in Mind
Why it’s my #1 Choice
2. Spy-MAX Security Products Professional Digital RF Detector – Most Advanced Hidden Camera Detector
The Spy-MAX Security Products Professional Digital RF Detector is the perfect hidden camera detector as it has the ability to detect all modern hidden bugs that use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi protocols.
It’s currently one of the most advanced (and expensive) bug detectors, and should only be used by people who need serious anti-surveillance gadgets.
Wait! Expensive? Let’s see…
What makes it stand out
3. Dooreemee Super Anti-Spy Camera Detector – Budget Pick
The Dooreemee Super Anti-Spy Camera Detector is our Budget Pick for the best hidden camera detectors in the market because it packs a wide range of features while still being easy on the pockets.
Its cheap price and user-friendliness are the reasons why this is one of the most popular bug detectors out there.
Keep in Mind:
This is solely a radio wave detection instrument. As such, it cannot do some of the things that the other bug detectors can do. For example, it can’t detect either video or audio recording devices because the voice recorders and DV can’t pass the signal. However, it works perfectly on hidden spy cameras.
4. Spy-Hawk Security Products Pro-10G – User-Friendly Law-Grade Secret Camera Detector
The Spy-Hawk Security Products Pro-10G is one of the most popular law-grade counter-surveillance bug detector in the market.
It has recently been upgraded with advanced features and the ability to detect modern spy cameras.
Furthermore, it’s highly reliable because it’s used by law enforcement agents from around the world.
Oh? That seems interesting.
What makes it reliable?
All of these features render this device into the ideal device for law-enforcement agencies. However, you have to be mindful about one thing. The wide frequency range can be both a blessing and a curse.
On the one hand, it can pick up signals from even the most discreet spy cameras. However, because of the wide frequency, it also picks up interference from flashing lights, electronic gadgets, etc.
As such, you need to turn off all the electronic devices in the vicinity for it to function properly.
5. KJB DD2020 – Best RF Bug Detector
The KJB DD2020 is the best RF bug detector in the market. It’s an extremely small device that you can easily hide in your pocket, yet it’s powerful enough to pick up on all RF bugs and hidden cameras.
What makes it special
- This bug detector works in complete silence. It does not beep or produce any noise that might warn the listeners that you’re on to them. Instead, you can determine where the bug lies based on the flashing of the light.
- In addition to the light, it also comes with a vibration motor and an earphone. As such, the gadget starts shaking as it comes close to the bug, and you can hear the beeping in your earphones.
- It can detect analog signals and has a frequency range of 1 MHz – 6 GHz.
6. Spytec iProtect 12031 – High-Frequency Portable Bug Detector
The Spytec iProtect 12031 High-Frequency Portable Bug Detector can detect a range of different radio transmitting equipment.
It informs the user of the presence of bugs either through vibrations or through a bar graph indicator. It’s completely silent.
- It has a frequency range of 30 to 6000 MHz.
- It can visualize the strength of the signals in a 10 Level indicator.
- Can detect both analog and digital transmissions.
- The sensitivity of the device can be adjusted.
- It can also detect harmful emissions from GSM-jammers or mini recorder suppressors.
- This device can keep you safe by identifying radioactive emissions from home appliances such as refrigerators, microwave, etc.
7. Micro Alert 2 – Micro-Sized Basic Bug Detector
The best aspect of the Micro Alert 2 bug detector is that it’s pocket-sized and extremely reasonable.
It can’t be used for advanced counter-surveillance purposes, but it’s good enough for home use.
- This pocket-sized RF detector can trace microwave and radio signals from hidden sources.
- You can select the frequency of the radio waves you want to detect.
- The presence of the hidden devices are indicated with a loud beep that gets more frequent as you get closer to the source.
8. KJB DD1206 Professional Detector Hunter Sweeper
The KJB DD1206 Professional Detector Hunter Sweeper can detect bluetooth, Wi-Fi, DECT, GSM, and RF devices.
It comes with two antennae.
The first has a frequency range of 40MHz to 4 GHz, and the second has a 2.44 GHz frequency.
As such, it can differentiate between different types of signals and devices, lowering the possibility of interference.
It works on 2xAAA batteries and has a lifespan of 20 hours.
9. JMDHKK Anti Spy for Hidden Camera
The JMDHKK Anti Spy for Hidden Camera can detect a wide range of devices and signals – radio waves, magnetic fields, wireless cameras, GPS trackers, SIM card bugs, etc.
It comes with both sound and light indicators based on which you can determine how close you are to the surveillance equipment.
Finally, the LDE laser technology can also spot hidden cameras in their standby state.
As such, even if they are currently inactive, you can still find them.
10. Spy Finder – Best Hidden Camera Detector
The Spy Finder is an expensive and powerful device that can locate the source of hidden cameras, both wired and wireless.
Unlike the other devices in this list which can be used for a range of functions, this Spy Finder can ONLY be used as a camera detector.
So now you know all about the 10 best hidden camera detectors that can help you find hidden spy cameras.
For this article, we’ve given you with a range of options. Some of these bug detectors are professionally used by law-enforcement, and some are just meant for home use. Some are difficult to operate, and some can be used by 2-year-olds. It finally comes down on what your needs are and who you believe is spying on you.
If you have any questions regarding the type of hidden camera detector that you should use, feel free to mention it down in the comments section!