Do you want to watch over your home or office when you’re not around? Do you want to keep track of your nanny and make sure she’s taking good care of your child? The best way to do so is to install a hidden camera in your home or office.
A smoke detector hidden camera is installed on the ceiling so it’s pretty much impossible that someone would inspect it closely enough to locate the camera lens. Furthermore, because of its angle, it’s ideally placed to watch over the whole room without any blind spots.
Over the course of the past couple of weeks, our team has thoroughly examined and vetted dozens of the best smoke detector cameras in the market. We have personally used them and we’ve also consulted reputed security firms for their opinions. Below is a detailed overview of the 10 best smoke detector cameras in the market.
Table of Best Smoke Detector Cameras
|Name||Check Reviews||Resolution||Features||View on Amazon|
|Heymoko Wi-Fi Smoke Detector Camera||Read Review||1080p||Motion Detection/ Night Vision/ WiFi Enabled|
|Sunsome Hidden Spy Camera Smoke Detector||Read Review||1080p||Motion Detection/ Loop Recording/ WiFi Enabled|
|YUANHenry Hidden Smoke Detector Camera||Read Review||1080p||Motion Detection/ Loop Recording|
|QUANDU WiFi Smoke Detector Hidden Camera||Read Review||1080p||Motion Detection/ Night Vision/ WiFi Enabled|
|HDView Spy Hidden Camera Smoke Detector Type||Read Review||1080p||Motion Detection|
|CAMXSW Wi-Fi Smoke Detector Camera 1080p||Read Review||1080p||Motion Detection/ Loop Recording/ WiFi Enabled|
|Tangmi Mini Smoke Detector Cam HD 1080P||Read Review||1080p||Motion Detection/ Loop Recording/ WiFi Enabled|
|PalmVID Smoke Detector Hidden Spy Camera||Read Review||1080p||Motion Detection|
|Pelay Hidden Camera Spy Camera Smoke Detector||Read Review||1080p||Motion Detection/ Loop Recording/ WiFi Enabled|
|Vipwind Hidden Camera Smoke Detector||Read Review||960p||Motion Detection/ Loop Recording|
Smoke Detector Cameras Reviews
1. Heymoko Wi-Fi Smoke Detector Camera – Editor’s Pick
The Heymoko Wi-Fi Smoke Detector Camera is the best smoke detector hidden camera in the market, by a long shot. It’s a sleek and stylish smoke detector that can be attached to the ceiling and it’s lined with a series of black frames.
The camera lens is located within one of those black frames, making it completely discreet. The lens is angled in such a way that it can capture the entire room without any blind spots. Furthermore, it’s also WiFi enabled so you can control it and watch live footage from your smart phone.
What makes it so popular
Why it’s my #1 Choice:
2. Sunsome Hidden Spy Camera Smoke Detector – Alternative Editor’s Pick
Sunsome Hidden Spy Camera Smoke Detector is yet another fabulous smoke detector hidden camera. It is almost as good as the Heymoko smoke detector camera on all factors and it even costs the same. This smoke detector camera has a flatter surface.
The camera lens is located at one end of the device. Even though the black lens is plainly visible against the white body, it can easily be masked as an air vent from a distance. This smoke detector camera is also WiFi enabled so you can monitor the camera from anywhere at all using the mobile app.
What makes it stand out
3. YUANHenry Hidden Smoke Detector Camera – Budget Pick
YUANHenry Hidden Smoke Detector Camera is our Budget Pick for the best smoke detector hidden cameras of 2019.
While it’s not the cheapest spy camera in the market, it’s certainly very reasonable and it still comes with some truly advanced and impressive features.
In terms of aesthetics, it’s similar to Sunsome Hidden Spy Camera Smoke Detector.
It is made of a flat white surface and the camera lens stands out prominently against the while body. However, from the distance the lens looks just like an air vent so it’s still discreet.
4. QUANDU WiFi Smoke Detector Hidden Camera – Powerful and Reliable Smoke Detector Camera
The QUANDU WiFi Smoke Detector Hidden Camera is an extremely powerful smoke detector camera with an extremely impressive range of features and capabilities.
It looks fairly basic with a white dome shape. The camera lens is located against the white body but looks just like a design element and does not raise suspicion. It’s also WiFi enabled, which means you can control it remotely and access the footage from anywhere in the world.
- Can record HD videos in 720p or 1080p at 30 frames per second.
- Videos are recorded with a 90 degree wide-angle lens.
- The video recording can be set on Continuous Mode or Motion Detection Mode or you can trigger it manually using the app.
- In Motion Detection Mode, it will only record videos when some movement is detected and it will immediately send you a phone alert. It will also take some snapshots and send them to your configured email address. The range of the motion detector is 6 meters in a straight line.
- Has infrared LED lenses that can provide visibility for recording even in complete darkness.
- You can use the mobile app to view real-time footage from anywhere in the world as long as you’re connected to a 4G network of WiFi.
- Has an inbuilt 2000mAh rechargeable battery that can record videos for up to 4 hours. It can also record videos while charging.
- Supports an SD or T-Flash card of up to 64GB. It’s not included with the product and has to be bought separately.
5. HDView Spy Hidden Camera Smoke Detector Type – Basic Smoke Detector Camera
HDView Spy Hidden Camera Smoke Detector Type is similar in aesthetics to Heymoko Wi-Fi Smoke Detector Camera, however, it doesn’t have an impressive range of features. The body of the smoke detector is marked by black lateral accents and the camera lens is hidden within one of them. As such, it’s completely discreet.
Despite the lack of impressive features, the reason it’s mentioned in our #5 position is because it has received a great set of reviews from Amazon customers, which means that it’s highly reliable as a smoke detector hidden camera.
What makes it stand out
6. CAMXSW Wi-Fi Smoke Detector Camera 1080p – Wireless Smoke Detector Camera
CAMXSW Wi-Fi Smoke Detector Camera 1080p is an impressive smoke detector camera quite similar to a lot of the other smoke detector cameras mentioned above.
However, the reason it places so low in this list is because the brand isn’t highly reputed and we place a high regard on strong reputable brands. In terms of aesthetics, it’s a disc-shaped white smoke detector with the camera lens located at its head.
- Records 1080p videos at 30 frames per second with a 90 degree wide-angle lens.
- Smart Motion Detection Alarm will send you an alert whenever some movement is detected and start recording videos automatically.
- Supports an SD card of up to 32GB. However, you have to buy it externally because it’s not available with the product. It records 40 minutes of footage for 1GB of space.
- It supports Loop Recording so when the storage space is running out, the new footage will be recorded over the oldest ones.
- It supports a 2.4G Wi-Fi network. As such, you can download the mobile app into your phone and then access the live footage from anywhere in the world. You can also trigger any of its functions whenever you want, such as recording, picture taking, motion detection mode, etc.
- Has an internal 1800 battery that can record videos for 2 hours continuously and takes 4 hours to charge in entirety.
7. Tangmi Mini Smoke Detector Cam HD 1080P – New WiFi Smoke Detector Camera
Tangmi Mini Smoke Detector Cam HD 1080P is a newly created smoke detector alarm that has a wide range of features and is WiFi enabled. It records sharp videos and is extremely discreet, made in a similar style as Sunsome Hidden Spy Camera Smoke Detector.
It passed through all of out tests and evaluations as well. However, since it’s a new product, there isn’t a lot of customer reviews to calculate its overall success rate, making it slightly less reliable than the other products in this article.
- Can record videos in 480p, 680p, 720p, or 1080p quality at 25 frames per second. The frame rate is slightly lower than optimal, however, it’s still good enough.
- The viewing angle of the videos is 90 degrees so it’s wide enough to capture enough of the room but there will be blind spots.
- Has various recording modes – Continuous Recording, Motion Detection Recording, Timer Recording, On-Demand Recording.
- Continuous Recording keeps recording videos 24/7 until battery runs out or until you stop it manually.
- Motion Detection Recording starts recording videos whenever the motion sensors are triggered by some movement within a 6 meters radius. It also sends an alarm to your phone.
- Timer Recording enables you to record videos during set time periods.
- On-Demand Recording is the feature wherein you have to manually start or stop recording.
- Supports an SD card of up to 32GB, but you have to buy it separately.
- Can record 2 hours of video continuously.
- The phone app allows you to view live footage from anywhere in the world and control the camera as well.
8. PalmVID Smoke Detector Hidden Spy Camera
PalmVID Smoke Detector Hidden Spy Camera is one of the most expensive smoke detector hidden cameras in this list.
It records 1080p videos with a maximum 90 degree wide-angle lens. The viewing angle can also be adjusted by the user within the 90 degree range.
The Motion Detection feature starts recording videos the moment the sensors are triggered and the videos are stored in the micro SD card. It comes with a 2-year warranty.
9. Pelay Hidden Camera Spy Camera Smoke Detector
The Pelay Hidden Camera Spy Camera Smoke Detector records 1080p or 720p videos at 30 frames per second and stores them in an SD card up to 64GB in space. The Motion Detector can detect movement up to 5 meters in a straight line. It has an internal 2650 mAh battery that can record 2 hours of footage at a single charge. It’s also WiFi enabled so you can view live footage from anywhere in the world and you can trigger a wide range of functions and features remotely from your mobile phone app.
10. Vipwind Hidden Camera Smoke Detector
The Vipwind Hidden Camera Smoke Detector records videos in 960p resolution at 30 frames per second with a 72 degree viewing angle. It’s not WiFi enabled, but it comes with a remote control that has a range of 15 meters.
As such, you can trigger different functions such as Video Recording, Picture Taking, Motion Detection, etc from a distance.
It supports an SD card of up to 32GB, which you have to purchase and install separately. In Motion Detection mode, the battery can provide up to 12 hours of backup.
So now you know all about the 10 best smoke detector cameras in the market. We’ve compiled this list in consideration of various factors such as recording quality, motion detection, WiFi capability, Night Vision, brand name and reliability, etc. While most of the products in this list belong to long-established brands, there are some new names in here as well. However, regardless of old or new, we have tested all of these products and they’re some of the best in the market.
You can choose the smoke detector security camera which you feel is most suitable to your needs. If you need any help deciding, feel free to contact us by commenting down below and we’ll get back to you with a response as soon as possible.