Cameras can be concealed in a lot of different objects – pens, glasses, clocks, buttons, keychains, etc. Using a hidden camera in any of these objects poses its unique advantages. For example, hiding a camera in a wearing glass helps you spy on meetings and events, hiding it in a clock can help you catch intruders if they break into your bedroom.
But if you want to be able to monitor your own home and protect it from intruders, there’s no better option than a light bulb camera.
These are cameras that can be discreetly hidden in a light bulb and attached to its fixture. From the outside, it looks like a regular light bulb, but it tracks everyone’s movements. Some of these lightbulbs even come with 360 degree fisheye lenses that can provide you with a panoramic view of the room.
In this article, we’ll give you a detailed overview of the 10 best light bulb cameras in 2019. All of these products have been recommended after personally vetting them and consulting with trained surveillance experts and reputable security firms.
So read on to learn about the best light bulb cameras in the market!
Table of Best Light Bulb Cameras
Table of Contents
- Table of Best Light Bulb Cameras
- Light Bulb Cameras Reviews
- 1. MECO Wifi LED Bulb Security Camera – Editor’s Pick
- 2. Spy-MAX™ True Light Lamp Web Camera – Best Portable Light Bulb Camera
- 3. SDETER Light Bulb Hidden IP Camera – Budget Pick
- 4. BESDERSEC Light Bulb Camera – Cheap Light Bulb Camera
- 5. Sorobright Security Bulb Camera – Powerful Light Bulb Camera
- 6. ABAI LED Light Camera Hidden – Easy-to-Use Light Bulb Camera
- 7. TRENDnet Light Bulb Surveillance Camera – Ceiling Light Bulb Camera
- 8. 360 Panoramic Bulb WiFi Camera
- 9. LEFTEK Security Camera With Lamp Connector
- 10. Marggle Security Panoramic Infrared Bulb Camera
|Name||Check Reviews||Resolution||Angle||Features||View on Amazon|
|MECO Wifi LED Bulb Security Camera||Read Review||960p||360°||Night Vision/ Motion Detection/ 2-Way Intercom/ Loop Recording|
|Spy-MAX™ True Light Lamp Web Camera||Read Review||HD||Wide||Motion Detection|
|SDETER Light Bulb Hidden IP Camera||Read Review||960p||360°||Night Vision/ Motion Detection/ 2-Way Intercom/ Loop Recording|
|BESDERSEC Light Bulb Camera||Read Review||960p||360°||Night Vision/ Motion Detection/ 2-Way Intercom/ Loop Recording|
|Sorobright Security Bulb Camera||Read Review||1080p||360°||Night Vision/ Motion Detection/ 2-Way Intercom/ Loop Recording|
|ABAI LED Light Camera Hidden||Read Review||960p||360°||Night Vision/ Motion Detection/ 2-Way Intercom/ Loop Recording|
|TRENDnet Light Bulb Surveillance Camera||Read Review||720p||360°||Night Vision/ Motion Detection/ 2-Way Intercom/ Loop Recording|
|360 Panoramic Bulb WiFi Camera||Read Review||960p||360°||Night Vision/ Motion Detection/ 2-Way Intercom/ Loop Recording|
|LEFTEK Security Camera With Lamp Connector||Read Review||960p||360°||Night Vision/ Motion Detection/ 2-Way Intercom/ Loop Recording|
|Marggle Security Panoramic Infrared Bulb Camera||Read Review||960p||360°||Night Vision/ Motion Detection/ 2-Way Intercom/ Loop Recording|
Light Bulb Cameras Reviews
1. MECO Wifi LED Bulb Security Camera – Editor’s Pick
The MECO Wifi LED Bulb Security Camera is an overhead light bulb camera that can be attached to any part of your home – your front door, your living room, terrace, hallway, or even the garage.It looks like a simple functional light bulb and the camera lens is attached at the bottom of the bulb. As such, you get a complete view of the room.
- This light bulb camera provides a wide-angled 360 degree fisheye view of the entire room. As such, you can see what’s happening in the entire room all the time, no blind spots.
- Videos are recorded in 960p resolution.
- Can accommodate a micro SD card up to 128GB. However, the SD card isn’t preinstalled, you have to buy it separately.
- Loop Recording is available so if the SD card runs out of space, the latest footage is written over the oldest one.
- The light bulb camera is connected to the WiFi and its features can be controlled via a free iOS or Android app.
- Whenever some motion is detected, a push notification will be sent immediately to your phone. As such, if some intruder is coming in late at night, you will immediately get an alert and you’ll be able to watch them in your smart phone. You can also adjust the motion sensitivity through the app.
- The Night Vision feature allows you to view images and videos till up to 25 feet away even in complete darkness. However, the images are only seen in black and white.
- The camera has a 2-way intercom so you can communicate with people in that room through your app.
Why it’s my #1 Choice:
2. Spy-MAX™ True Light Lamp Web Camera – Best Portable Light Bulb Camera
The issue with an overhead light bulb camera like MECO Wifi LED Bulb Security Camera is that it’s fixed in place and you can’t carry it around and place it in a position or angle that you prefer.
However, the Spy-MAX™ True Light Lamp Web Camera doesn’t have that same hangup.
This is a covert true light lamp that can be picked up by the handle and placed in any room or position you want. The pinhole camera is located in the center of the body. You can’t even see it but it can see everything YOU do, making it extremely discreet.
What makes it stand out
3. SDETER Light Bulb Hidden IP Camera – Budget Pick
SDETER Light Bulb Hidden IP Camera is a lot like MECO Wifi LED Bulb Security Camera in a lot of different ways, but it’s a lot cheaper. It can be directly installed to the ceiling, and then you can install the app, and start monitoring with the camera!
- Records 960p videos with a 360 degree fisheye view of the whole room. There’s no blind spots.
- Accommodates a micro SD card of up to 128GB.
- If the storage space is running out, Loop Recording ensures that new footage is recorded over the oldest footage.
- If there’s any motion detected, you receive an alert in your phone and you can check out a live feed of the disruption. A snapshot is also sent directly to you.
- The night vision allows you a 50 feet radius of vision.
- Has a 2-way microphone so you can speak to someone in that room.
4. BESDERSEC Light Bulb Camera – Cheap Light Bulb Camera
BESDERSEC Light Bulb Camera is yet another cheap overhead light bulb camera. Like the previous similar products, this one can also be connected to the WiFi and then you can control the footage, output, and the features via the phone app.
What makes it stand out
- Records 960p videos with a 360 degree complete view of the room.
- Inbuilt ultra-responsive 2-way microphone allows you to communicate with the people in the room with the camera.
- The app gives you 7 different viewing modes such as Zooming, Playback, etc.
- When motion is detected, an alert is sent to your phone along with some snapshots.
- Can accommodate up to a 128GB micro SD card. Loop Recording is available so new footage is written over old ones.
- The infrared night vision lens allows you a 49 feet field of vision in the dark.
5. Sorobright Security Bulb Camera – Powerful Light Bulb Camera
Sorobright Security Bulb Camera doesn’t come from the most reputable brand and it has pretty weak reviews on Amazon, which is why it comes so low in our list. However, if you look at the features alone, then it’s far better than even our Editor’s Pick – MECO Wifi LED Bulb Security Camera.
- Can record 1080p videos with a 5 megapixel camera.
- Captures 360 degree fisheye images and videos.
- The iCsee App is extremely easy to download and install. It gives you complete control over all the light bulb’s different features.
- Supports SD cards up to 128GB, and Loop Recording enables overwriting of old videos.
- Has a 2-way intercom for communication.
- Night Vision provides a wide field of view in the dark.
6. ABAI LED Light Camera Hidden – Easy-to-Use Light Bulb Camera
The ABAI LED Light Camera Hidden is extremely easy to use and install. You simply plug the bulb into a light fixture, activate the WiFi, download the phone app, and start monitoring!
- Records 960p videos with fisheye lens that provides a 360 degree view of the entire room with no blind spots.
- You can use app to turn on white light, turn on infrared light in the dark, or turn off all lights.
- The infrared LED light allows you to record clear videos at night.
- 2-way intercom allows you to communicate with others in the room.
- Motion Detector sends you a notifications and starts recording videos the moment it registers any movement.
- Accommodates a maximum of 128GB SD card.
7. TRENDnet Light Bulb Surveillance Camera – Ceiling Light Bulb Camera
The TRENDnet Light Bulb Surveillance Camera is yet another overhead ceiling light bulb camera. However, it has a different design. This is more of a flat-disc light bulb, though it has pretty much the same features as the other products.
What makes it stand out
- Records 720p videos with a 185° wide viewing angle that produces a 360 degree fisheye view of the room.
- When the Motion Detector is trigger it sends an app notification and an email with snapshots.
- Has an inbuilt microphone with 2-way speakers.
- The phone app can control the video recording and the LED lights.
- Provides night vision in the dark.
The 360 Panoramic Bulb WiFi Camera records videos in 960p resolution just like most of the other light bulb cameras in this list.
However, this camera is also rotatable by 180 degrees. It supports a maximum of 64GB SD card with Loop Recording.
In terms of the phone app, it gives you access to 5 VR viewing modes.
This light bulb hidden camera also has motion detection and night vision features.
9. LEFTEK Security Camera With Lamp Connector
LEFTEK Security Camera With Lamp Connector records 960p videos with a 1.3 megapixel camera that has a 1/3” fisheye lens that gives you a 360 degree panoramic view of the environment.
You can use it in combination with the mobile app to control all of its features and communicate through it like a walkie-talkie.
It also has Motion Detection and Night Vision features.
10. Marggle Security Panoramic Infrared Bulb Camera
Marggle Security Panoramic Infrared Bulb Camera is an extremely basic and cheap light bulb camera that records 960p videos and offers a 360 degree view of the room.
It has a 2-way intercom for easy communication, and an app that allows you to trigger features such as Motion Detection and Night Vision.
The Night Vision field of view is up to 32 feet, which is considerably lower than a lot of other similar light bulb cameras.
So now you know all about the best light bulb cameras in 2019. All of these cameras are discreet and they’re suitable for both outdoors and indoors. Furthermore, you can rely on the fact that they’re all made of superior quality because they have been assessed by professional security firms.
If you have any other questions about which LED light bulb camera to purchase, feel free to mention it down in the comments section!