There are a lot of different reasons for you to buy a wearable spy camera. A wearable hidden camera can be put on your coat or your shirt, anywhere on your body, so that you can capture everything you see and hear.
Perhaps you’re in a meeting and you want to record all of the details discussed. Maybe you want to confront someone and you want evidence of what you discuss. In all these cases, a wearable spy camera can be a blessing.
In addition to spy activities, you can also use a wearable camera for blogging purposes. These cameras have a really good video quality, so you can use them to record travel footage, vlogs, etc.
Whatever, your purpose may be, there are a lot of different wearable cameras to choose from. To help make the choice easy for you, we’ve written this article.
In this article, we give you a detailed overview of the 10 best wearable spy cameras in the market. We’ve personally used and vetted these cameras to ensure that they’re deserving of this Top 10 spot.
Table of Best Wearable Spy Cameras
|Name||Check Reviews||Video Resolution||Angle||Picture Resolution||Weight||View on Amazon|
|Veho Mini Handsfree Action Cam||Read Review||1080p||170º||8MP||8 ounces|
|Front Row FR Wearable Lifestyle Camera||Read Review||—||—||—||1.6 ounces|
|CEESC Body Worn Camera||Read Review||1080p||120º||21MP||14.1 ounces|
|E Tronic Edge Wearable Body Cam||Read Review||1080p||120º||8MP||7.4 ounces|
|SereneLife Clip-on Wearable Camera||Read Review||1080p||120º||12MP||1.4 ounces|
|WOLFCOM Capture Wearable Body Camera||Read Review||720p||120º||1280*720||0.8 ounces|
|ViView Hidden Wearable Camera Glasses||Read Review||1080p||120º||—||1.7 ounces|
|RecorderGear Weareable Hidden Spy Camera Hat||Read Review||1080p||60º||—||8 ounces|
|MDTEK Wearable mini WIFI Spy Hat Camera||Read Review||720p||—||—||8 ounces|
|Smiley Face Body Wearable Camera||Read Review||720*480||—||1280*960||3.2 ounces|
Wearable Spy Camera Reviews
1. Veho Mini Handsfree Action Cam – Editor’s Choice
The Veho Mini Handsfree Action Cam is one of the best wearable camera in the market. It can be mounted on a helmet, worn on a piece of clothing, used with a body clip, or simply placed on a tripod. It weighs just 8 ounces so you hardly feel like you have it on you.
What makes it stand out
- Can record 1080p videos at 30fps to be able to capture videos that are sharp and clear.
- Has a 170 degree wide-angle to be able to capture the entire landscape.
- Has an 8 megapixel camera for images.
- The internal rechargeable lithium battery allows you to record up to 4 hours of footage at a single charge.
- Has a little 1.5 inch viewfinder to be able to check out the picture or video you’re taking.
- The LCD screen has touch panel control.
- You can set up a self-timer and zoom as well.
- Can be mounted on all items and devices, from pieces of clothing to tripods.
Why it’s my #1 Choice:
2. Front Row FR Wearable Lifestyle Camera – Most Aesthetically Attractive Wearable Camera
The Front Row FR Wearable Lifestyle Camera is the most aesthetically pleasing wearable spy camera in the market. It’s shaped into a little oval with an insignia of a crown at the front, and it’s available in two colors – Black and Rose Gold. However, this isn’t just a pretty face. It also comes with some really impressive features.
- There are three distinct styles and forms in which this wearable spy camera can be used.
- Can record events for several hours at a stretch.
- You can livestream the contents of the video to Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
- A mobile app can be used to wirelessly transfer information to your phone.
- The camera has a touch screen so you can control the video playback, check the pictures, etc.
How to Wear the Front Row FR Wearable Lifestyle Camera?
It can be worn in three distinct styles:
3. CEESC Body Worn Camera – Best Value
The CEESC Body Worn Camera is our Best Value pick for the best wearable spy cameras in the market. This is actually the body camera used by a lot of law enforcement officers so that their movements can be tracked and recorded. As such, it’s the most professional device in this list. However, it’s still more reasonable than most other wearable cameras.
What makes it stand out
- Can record videos at 1080p resolution with a 120 degree wide-angle lens.
- The device has a 2” display screen wherein you can watch the recorded videos immediately.
- Delay Record features can set up a timer for the video recording to begin.
- It’s vibration proof and IP54 waterproof.
- Loop recording is possible.
- It can start recording automatically when a sudden motion is detected.
- A bright LED flashlight allows videos to be recorded even at night.
- Has 6 inbuilt high-power infrared lights for Night Vision mode. This allows you to record in dim lighting as well.
- Comes with 32 GB of internal storage space.
4. E Tronic Edge Wearable Body Cam – A Multi-Purpose Wearable Camera
The E Tronic Edge Wearable Body Cam is ideally meant to be placed on your back so that you always have eyes on the back of your head. It’s one of the most reliable devices in the market because it has been featured in reputable outlets such as FOX, NBC, ABC & CBS. It’s extremely discreet and small at just 7.4 ounces.
How to use E Tronic Edge Wearable Body Cam?
Even though this wearable camera is meant to be placed on your back, it can be used however you like. The following are some cool methods in which you can use it:
- The mount can be easily clipped to a piece of cloth like your shirt, coat, etc. You can clip it to the back of your shirt while riding a bike and place your phone in front of you. Now you can always get a wide-angled view of what’s behind you. This can minimize accidents
- It is magnetic so you can stick it on your fridge or on the back of your vehicle.
- This camera produces a suction force so you can stick it to any glass or electronic screen. You can place it in your kid’s window to keep an eye on them or stick it on your TV to capture your reactions to shows.
- Finally, you get a viscose solution which can help you mount the device anywhere at all like trees, rubber, drones, etc. The viscose mount can be attached to the bottom of the drone and then you get a bird’s eye view of the landscape. You can observe what’s happening in your cell phone app
What makes it stand out
5. SereneLife Clip-on Wearable Camera – Budget Pick
The SereneLife Clip-on Wearable Camera is the cheapest wearable spy camera in this list, which is why it’s our “Budget Pick”. If you want to be able to spy on others discreetly by wearing a spy camera, and you don’t need advanced features, this is the ideal option for you. This is also one of the lightest devices in the market, weighing less than 2 ounces, so it feels just like a button on your coat!
- Can record videos at Full HD 1080p resolution with a 120 degree wide-angle lens.
- Snap pictures with a 12 MegaPixel camera.
- The device has a 1.8 inch LCD screen which allows you to view your pictures on the spot.
- It has WiFi capability. So you can download the mobile app and view the images directly on your phone.
- Loop Recording feature for continuous recording.
- Has Camera Stabilization feature so the videos aren’t shaky.
- Can be clipped onto your coat or shirt.
6. WOLFCOM Capture Wearable Body Camera – Most Lightweight Wearable Spy Cam
Weighing just 0.8 ounces, the WOLFCOM Capture Wearable Body Camera is the lightest wearable spy camera in the market. It can be easily clipped on to your shirt sleeves or coat pockets, or mounted on a device.
- It’s connected to WiFi so you can instantly live stream your videos to social media.
- You can download a mobile app for this device. As such, you can instantly save your pictures and videos to your cell phone, thus saving space in the device to keep taking videos.
- You can grant Remote Viewing access to other people so they can see what you see. This is a great option if you’re either spying on meetings or if you’re going on travels and you want to live feed your friends.
- Records videos at either 720p or 480p and the field of view is 120 degrees.
- Pictures are saved in 1280 x 720 resolution in the JPEG format.
- It can record in Loop Mode so that no visual is lost.
- You can set up a Time-Lapse with a custom interval period.
- Slow-Motion feature is available.
7. ViView Hidden Wearable Camera Glasses – Most Discreet Spy Camera
The ViView Hidden Wearable Camera Glasses are the most discreet wearable spy cameras in the market. They look like ordinary spectacles so no one will suspect that you’re recording something or that it’s a camera. They’re ideal for spying on people and gathering evidence.
What makes it stand out
- These wearable camera glasses can record videos at 1080p, with 120 degree wide-angle lens.
- It has an internal memory of 16GB.
- You just need a single touch to start or stop recording the video. You can pretend like you’re adjusting your glasses and that will start the recording.
- Has an inbuilt rechargeable lithium ion battery that can record videos for 70 minutes at a stretch.
- The glasses also support 2-way audio and incorporates date and time stamps in the video.
8. RecorderGear Weareable Hidden Spy Camera Hat
The RecorderGear Weareable Hidden Spy Camera Hat is a discreet spy camera embedded into a black cap.
If you want to gather surveillance footage, this is a great means of doing so because it looks like you’re simply wearing a hat.
The biggest drawback of this device is that you can’t wear it high-end meetings and events in which a cap isn’t suitable.
- 1080p video recording at 30fps with a 60 degree lens. You can capture videos with a single touch of a button while you adjust your cap. But it’s not wide-angled so you’ll have to make sure that you’re directly looking at the object you want to capture.
- You can set it up so it records videos or photos continuously until manually stopped. The footage is collected into a 32GB card.
- A single battery charge can record videos for up to 2 hours.
- You can set up loop recordings so it automatically records over old files.
- You get date and time stamps with the videos.
- MDTEK Wearable mini WIFI Spy Hat Camera
9. MDTEK Wearable mini WIFI Spy Hat Camera
Like the previous spy camera, the MDTEK Wearable mini WIFI Spy Hat Camera is also a wearable camera cap. However, it’s designed slightly differently with engravings on it. It’s a fashionable cap that you can wear for regular surveillance at parks, schools, and parties, etc. However, you can’t use it in areas that require a strict formal dress code such as galas and official meetings.
What makes it stand out
- Videos are recorded in 720p resolution.
- Can take pictures as well.
- With the built-in 500mAh lithium battery, a single charge allows you to record 1 hours of video.
- Unlike the previous cap, this one also has a WiFi feature. As such, you can connect it to an app in your smart phone and then someone else gets visuals of what you’re seeing.
- Smiley Face Body Wearable Camera
10. Smiley Face Body Wearable Camera
The Smiley Face Body Wearable Camera is an extremely attractive and innocuous wearable camera. It’s basically a badge that you can clip on to your shirt or t-shirt.
However, one of the eyes has a little camera hole in it. Because the lens looks black, it merges well with the black of the eyes, making it completely invisible. Like the caps mentioned earlier, it’s not suitable for classy parties and suit-and-tie events.
In fact, it will only be suitable in casual parties and specific events in which a smiley badge won’t stick out.
- Can record clear 720p videos from up to 32 feet away.
- Pictures are taken in a 1280*960 resolution. As such, this is one of the only devices in this list that doesn’t come with a wide-angle recording, making it unsuitable to capture a wider frame.
- The 16GB internal memory can take thousands of pictures and up to 2 hours of HD videos.
- It provides up to 120 hours of stand-by charge.
- You can connect it to your PC via a USB cable.
So now you know all about the best wearable spy cameras in the market. As you can see, it is extremely easy to spy on someone. There are gadgets that allow you to spy on people in bathrooms, to spy through peepholes, through clocks, and a number of other means. In fact, it’s so easy that you should probably invest in a hidden camera detector yourself to make sure someone isn’t spying on YOU!
Using a wearable spy camera is one of the most efficient means of spying because you have complete control over it. In this article, we’ve given you a look at some of the best wearable spy cameras in the market. Some of them – like the caps, smiley badge, and glasses – are extremely discreet. And some of them are more obvious. However, they all serve their unique purposes.
Finally, the choice comes down to what YOUR individual needs are. Why do YOU need a wearable video camera? If you have any other questions regarding that, feel free to mention it in the comments and I’ll be sure to get back to you with a response!