When it comes to hidden wearable spy cameras, there are a lot of options to choose from. Some people go for spy glasses, but that’s only useful for people who already wear spectacles. Some choose to go with caps, but they can’t be worn to formal events.
One of the best hidden body cameras in the market – one that can be worn by anyone AND anywhere – is a button spy camera.
As the name suggests, a button camera can be hidden within your coat or shirt button. It’s small and discreet so no one will suspect it and you can wear it literally anywhere – formal events, casual gatherings, etc.
However, there are so many different types of button cameras in the market that the search can be overwhelming. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of the top 10 best button cameras!
All the products in this list have been thoroughly vetted by our expert surveillance team, and we’ve also consulted reputable security firms.
So read on to learn about the best shirt button cameras in the world!
Table of Best Button Cameras
|Name||Check Reviews||Resolution||Features||View on Amazon|
|Elite ETSPY Mini Pocket Button Hidden Spy Camera||Read Review||480p||Motion Detection/ Loop Recording||Check Price|
|MVOWIZON Spy Cam with Mini Smile Face Button Pins||-||480p||Loop Recording||Check Price|
|TPEKKA Mini Hidden Button Screw Camera||Read Review||800 TV Line||No Additional Features||Check Price|
|Triple A Mini T-Shirt Button Hidden Camera||Read Review||480p||Loop Recording||Check Price|
|AOBO Mini Spy Cam with Buttons||Read Review||480p||Loop Recording||Check Price|
|FREDI hidden camera 1080p HD||Read Review||1080p||Night Vision/ Video Stabilization/ Motion Detection/ Loop Recording||Check Price|
|aobo Mini Spy Camera WiFi||Read Review||1080p||Night Vision/ Motion Detection/ Loop Recording||Check Price|
|KEQI Full HD 1080p Button Camera||Read Review||480p||Motion Detection/ Loop Recording||Check Price|
|Wiseup™ Hidden Camera Button Mini DV Camcorder||Read Review||1080p||Motion Detection/ Loop Recording||Check Price|
|fendakang Button Spy Camera||Read Review||960p||Motion Detection/ Loop Recording||Check Price|
Button Cameras Reviews
1. Elite ETSPY Mini Pocket Button Hidden Spy Camera – Editor’s Pick
The Elite ETSPY Mini Pocket Button Hidden Spy Camera is our Editor’s Pick for the best hidden button cameras in the market. It has an extremely sleek appearance, is easy-to-use, cheap, and so ordinary looking that you can wear it with any outfit.
The camera lens is located in the center of the button. The button itself is surrounded by a little remote with which you can play/pause recording or reset the device with the click of a single button.
It is recommended that you put the entire device in your coat or shirt pocket, and then squeeze the button through the button-slit in your pocket. It will appear like it’s just a regular button, but you’ll be able to record with it.
Meanwhile, if you want to control it, you just have to reach out to your pocket and discreetly press on the right button through the shirt fabric.
What makes it stand out
- Videos are recorded in 480p resolution at 30 frames per second. It’s not the clearest and sharpest resolution, but it’s clear enough for you to see everything that’s happening.
- Pictures are taken in a 1280×960 resolution.
- The product comes with an inbuilt 8GB micro SD card that can be extended to 32GB. When the storage is running out, Loop Recording is triggered so that the latest footage automatically writes over the oldest footage so you don’t lose any relevant footage.
- Has a 200 mAh rechargeable Lithium polymer battery that can record videos for about 40 minutes in a single charge.
- Starts recording videos automatically whenever motion is detected. These videos are saved automatically every 10 minutes.
- You get a 30-Day return policy and a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
Why it’s my #1 Choice:
I’ll admit that the Elite ETSPY Mini Pocket Button Hidden Spy Camera is pretty basic when it comes to features. It doesn’t have Night Vision mode, it’s not compatible with a phone app, and the video resolution isn’t high definition.
However, I would still say that this is the best hidden cameras. That’s because when you’re using a wearable button camera, you should focus on how discreet it is and how easy to use. With this product, it just looks like an ordinary button so it raises no suspicion, and operating it is as easy as raising your hands to your pocket and gently pressing the button through your shirt fabric!
If you want a button camera for spying, you can’t do better than this.
- Extremely discreet.
- Easy to operate with a single click.
- Can be worn anywhere and anytime.
- Motion Recording.
- Not HD.
- Low battery life.
- No Night Vision.
2. MVOWIZON Spy Cam with Mini Smile Face Button Pins – Cute Smiley Button Camera
MVOWIZON Spy Cam with Mini Smile Face Button Pins is a cute wearable button pin. It looks like a smiley face and thecamera lens is hidden in one of the black eyes.
As such, it’s completely discreet and no one will ever suspect a smiley button of being a surveillance device.
You can wear it to parties, informal events, and workplaces that don’t follow a strict dress code.
- Can record real-time videos in 480p resolution at 30 frames per second.
- Pictures are taken in 1280×1024 resolution.
- Supports a micro SD card of up to 16GB.
- Loop Recording is enabled so the latest recordings write over the old footage.
- Has an inbuilt Polymer lithium battery which can record up to 100 minutes of footage in complete charge.
MVOWIZON Spy Cam with Mini Smile Face Button Pins is a fairly simple hidden button camera in terms of features and recording quality. However, the reason it’s positioned in #2 is because it’s extremely discreet and no one would ever suspect it of being a spy camera. The only real issue is that you can’t wear it for formal gatherings and meetings. For that, you’ll need something like the Elite ETSPY Mini Pocket Button Hidden Spy Camera mentioned earlier.
- Easy to use and operate.
- Good battery life.
- Not HD.
- Low storage space.
- Not ideal for all situations.
- Lack of features such as Night Vision and Motion Detection.
3. TPEKKA Mini Hidden Button Screw Camera – Budget Pick
The TPEKKA Mini Hidden Button Screw Camera is our Budget Pick for the best button spy cameras in 2018. It’s a small button camera that weighs just 4.2 ounces and looks like a little screw. You can attach it in anyone’s house or office and discreetly spy on them.
- It records videos with 800 TV Line high definition.
- It provides you with a real time visual of all that is happening in its proximity.
- You need to connect it to a DC 5V power source. Be careful not to connect it to DC 12V1A as that can cause overheating.
The TPEKKA Mini Hidden Button Screw Camera is the cheapest button spy camera in the market. It comes in at #3 in this list because it can record clear high definition videos at an extremely low price point and can be used by anyone at all. However, if you need advanced features or have more money to spare, you can buy a more advanced product instead.
It also featured in our list of Best Mini Spy Cameras for Bathrooms.
- No risk of battery running out.
- Small and cheap.
- High Definition video recording.
- Can’t be used as a portable button because it needs to always be connected to a power source.
- No additional features.
4. Triple A Mini T-Shirt Button Hidden Camera – Basic & Cheap Button Camera
Triple A Mini T-Shirt Button Hidden Camera looks and works similarly to Elite ETSPY Mini Pocket Button Hidden Spy Camera. It’s a tiny button attached to a remote that you can slip through the button-slit in your pockets and then use the Play or Reset buttons to control the recording.
- Records videos in 480p resolution at 30 frames per second.
- Has a picture resolution of 1280×960.
- Can accommodate a micro SD card of up to 32GB.
- Loop Recording enables older videos to be replaced by new footage when the space is running out.
- Can hide in plain sight.
- Easy to operate.
- No Motion Detection.
- Low resolution.
5. AOBO Mini Spy Cam with Buttons – Smallest Lens in the World
The AOBO Mini Spy Cam with Buttons has the smallest lens in the world. You get 8 different button styles with this camera. So you can select the button that most suits your shirts and coats and then sew them on. You can configure it to the WiFi and then control the camera via the mobile app.
- Records 480p videos at 30 frames per second.
- Watch Live feed in your mobile app.
- You can monitor up to 4 cameras with the same app.
- The rechargeable lithium battery has enough charge to record 80 minutes of footage at a time.
- Supports an SD card of up to 64GB.
- Loop Recording is available so you can overwrite old videos with new footage.
- Compatible with a mobile app and remote monitoring.
- Choice of several button styles.
- No Motion Detection.
- Low resolution.
6. FREDI Hidden Camera 1080p HD – Full HD Button Camera
The FREDI Hidden Camera 1080p HD is one of the few mini button spy cameras that allow you to record videos in Full 1080p HD quality. In addition to that, it also has some great features and is cheap.
The only reason it features so low in this list is because it’s a fairly new device, isn’t very reliable, and has no customer reviews. As such, buying it is a gamble. You might be lucky and get an awesome product, or you might land up with crap.
It also looks more like a tiny remote than an actual button. You can slip it into your pocket and then reach out to it by digging your hands in and control it when necessary. However, it’s not as convenient and discreet as some of the other button spy cameras in this list.
What makes it stand out
- Records 1080p Full HD videos with a 140 degree wide-angle lens. This ensures that not only are your videos extremely sharp and clear, but it also covers a wide field of vision so you don’t miss out on anything.
- Video Stabilization feature ensures that even when you’re walking around, the camera lens will be steady and you won’t get a shaky video.
- Has a 2 megapixel motion detection camera. As such, whenever some movement is detected, it starts recording extremely clear videos and send you a notification via your phone app.
- Has 10 infrared LED lenses that provide stellar visuals even in complete darkness. The range is up to 16 feet.
- Supports a maximum of 128GB SD card.
- It’s defaulted to Loop Recording feature. As such, when your device is running out of space, it starts recording over the oldest footage.
- The videos are date and time stamped.
- Has an inbuilt 400 mAh Battery which can record up to 2 hours of video in daylight and 1.5 hours of Night Vision videos.
- Stellar night vision.
- Motion Detection.
- HD camera with wide-angle lens.
- High storage space.
- Strong battery life.
- Comes with a mobile app.
- Not very discreet.
- Not convenient to use as a button.
- Doesn’t have any reputation so it’s a risky purchase.
7. aobo Mini Spy Camera WiFi – Spherical Button Camera
The aobo Mini Spy Camera WiFi is a spherical button camera with some pretty great features. It’s sleek in design and looks like a button in shape. However, at 7 ounces and 5.6 x 3.6 x 1.7 inches, it’s probably the biggest button in the world. As such, even though you can wear it on your coat, it won’t look extremely natural. The lens is also quite visible. However, if you don’t need it for spying purposes, it’s a great recording device. This device also features in our list of the Best Night Vision Spy Cameras in 2018.
- Records 1080p videos at 30 frames per second.
- Has a wide-angled 150 degree lens that can capture the entire periphery of the room.
- Has 6 inbuilt infrared LED lights that can provide a vision of up to 5 meters from the camera.
- The motion detectors send alerts to your phone along with snapshots, when they’re triggered.
- Supports a microSD card of up to 128GB with Loop Recording feature.
- Full HD and wide-angled.
- Motion Detection.
- Night Vision.
- Large storage space.
- Not discreet.
- Large in size.
8. KEQI Full HD 1080p Button Camera
KEQI Full HD 1080p Button Camera is technically a button camera. However, the button is attached to a large picture frame. As such, you can’t wear it on your sleeve, but it’s still pretty discreet and hidden in plain sight. You can place it in your bedroom if you want to catch anyone who tries to break in. Or you can gift it to someone you want to spy on.
It records videos in 480p resolution and pictures in 1280 x 1024 resolution. It has a slot for a T-Flash card of up to 32GB, and it can detect motion and send you alerts.
9. Wiseup™ Hidden Camera Button Mini DV Camcorder
The Wiseup™ Hidden Camera Button Mini DV Camcorder is a button attached to the end of a stick. As such, you need to slip it into your pocket and push the button through the button slits so it can record videos.
It records videos in 1080p resolution and has a strong enough battery to record 6 hours of footage at a single stretch.
Furthermore, it can also be configured to start recording videos only when motion is detected.
10. fendakang Button Spy Camera
fendakang Button Spy Camera is a mini spy camera that always needs to be hooked to a power source. It looks just like a button and it can be worn on your pocket. However, because it needs to be connected to a power source, it’s not very portable so that defeats the point of it being a button camera. It can record HD videos in 960p resolution, has motion detection sensors, and is also extremely cheap – probably the cheapest button camera in the market. But the fatal design flaw regrading needing to be plugged in lands it in the bottom spot in this list.
So now you know all about the 10 best button cameras in 2018. Some of these button cameras can be slipped into your pocket discreetly, some look like natural buttons, and some can be slipped into someone office secretly.
All of these devices have been recommended after trying them out personally and consulting with reputable security firms.
If you have any questions regarding which button camera to use, feel free to mention it down in the comments!